12.15.2009

12.14.2009---How to not catch your house on fire.

This is a pretty simple lesson. How to not catch your house on fire.
Are you ready? Pencils and paper ready so you can write this down? I really would hate for you to not know this lesson and catch your house on fire.
Drum roll please….
HOW TO NOT CATCH YOUR HOUSE ON FIRE.
To not catch your house on fire you must CHECK YOUR OVEN FOR THE CAKE THAT YOUR HUSBAND BROUGHT HOME A FEW DAYS AGO THAT IS IN A CARDBOARD CONTAINER BEFORE YOU HAVE THE OVEN PRE-HEATING TO 350°
Whew. I feel better. I have passed on this great wisdom to you. What you choose to do now is simply up to you.
No-I didn’t catch the house on fire. My oven only got up to the upper 200s and then I smelled what was burning plastic. This had been a Christmas cake that had plastic little ornaments and whatnots on it. But it did warp the box a little.
 IMG_8192IMG_8193IMG_8191
What was I doing you ask?
Okay fine. You didn’t ask. But now that I have you interested…
I was baking cookies for my best friend’s 10th Annual Cookie Exchange.
Wanna know what is sad?
I didn’t even take the cookies that I almost caught the house on fire because of. I took the other two things I made using the microwave.
Rice Krispy Treats.
IMG_8197IMG_8198
What I did make tasted good. Marshmallow Pillows. Basically…cookies with a marshmallow on top of topped with a special chocolate sauce. I just ran out of time to put them in the baggies to take.
How sad.
Now…someone is gonna have to eat all those cookies.
How sad.
Excuse me for a little bit. I’m in the mood for some milk and…

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I've learned to always check the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha...we've all learned this lesson at least once! I've got another tip for you, don't place a tortilla on the burner and turn around to do dishes. Do you know that tortillas burn really fast and cause a lot of smoke when on fire?

    ReplyDelete