8.14.2009

8.14.2009~~Another day...Another first~~

So yesterday was Shayne's first day of second grade right? Well today was my Stormy's first day of kindergarten. Yes-kindergarten. And in case you were wondering I did have pretty dresses for the girls. I however, did not have them try them on until last night. They were way too big. As Shayne demonstrated to my daycare kiddos mom, they hung down too low and showed her boo-boos as she put it. So I had to scrounge around and find something else. Which they still looked cute (as if they look any other way right? No need to answer that). Oh in case you were wondering how does Stormy wake up in the morning? Talking. And she doesn't stop. Yep-an hour straight at the time of these pictures:
Oh-see the backpacks? We went and bought them last night. Which is a whole other post. Connor was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. Okay-I digress...I love this picture of them walking in. Shayne leading the way of course, like big sisters do. And my Stormy closely behind with Connor trying to catch up to both (and succeeding). After we dropped Shayne off at her classroom and headed to Stormy's. We found her locker...and she put her backpack in.And then into her classroom. And I gave her a kiss and told her I would see her later. No-I didn't cry. I may be one of the few mother's that didn't. I knew she was ready for this. I was wondering if they were ready for her.
--------------------------------------------------------
Okay fast forward a couple of hours. I am ready for her. And she was ready for me. See?
"Stormy did you have a great day?"

"Yes...and I wasn't shy. I talked to my teacher and my friends and I saw Shayne and I gave her a hug and I asked if we could have lunch there but they told me no because it was time to go. And I have to go back tomorrow and give them my folder. And I get to play and ..."

Oh Stormy. I love you little face. I really can't believe you are in kindergarten. I am so glad you enjoy it. I am so thankful you are...you.

2 comments:

  1. Lovin' it! Wonder how many times the teacher had to ask her to be quiet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does she always look so naughty?

    ReplyDelete