1.26.2009

one more...

As I mentioned I had a busy weekend. I went Saturday to a friend's house for an At Home America party (got to talk to a good friend! Emily!) and on Sunday I went to a baby shower which is what I want to talk about.
Where my husband grew up was very special. On this block...everyone was close...and many years later...still are. The houses aren't there any longer thanks to being in a flood plane. But the friendships are. I feel very blessed that I was welcomed into this close-knit "Gladstone family." Everyone had children of the same age on this block. So now...when someone gets married...or has a baby (hence the shower) people come together to celebrate the next round of family. It is so much fun! I love talking to all the girls. They talk to me like I was there with them...growing up. In a way...that's true...we have all gotten married and started our own little families (in my case a BIG family) so to the Gladstone crew...THANK YOU for letting me become a part of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment