7.08.2010

24 weeks

That would be me. Today actually. Something about getting to this point makes everything seem…not so far away. The pregnancy website I use stated this:

This is day number 168 and you're 24 weeks pregnant!
You have 112 days or 16 weeks left, and are 60.0% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 154 days or 22 weeks

Wow. Oh—my sweet little man also has the hiccups. A lot. Just like my other kids. I didn’t even know with Shayne until a couple of weeks before I had her that hiccups were what I was feeling…a lot of. After that with each one, I knew. And of course this guy is no exception. It really is kind of cool but the exact same motion for a few minutes can get…old. It’s still nice to know that he’s okay in there when he does get them. He also has been having his own party in there nightly. And honestly? I love it.

I am one of those women that really loves being pregnant. I guess that is pretty obvious since we’ve been down this road a few times before. I love all of the movement. I really don’t mind the big ol’ belly. It’s nice that there’s a reason for it.

I was in a store with all of my darlings and this older lady (I mean OLDER—like 70ish) came up to me and said, “They are beautiful. What are you doing with your spare time?”

It was kind of funny. I knew what she was talking about. I just never thought an older lady would say anything like that. I smiled and told her thank you for the compliment. And kept on walking.

I do get that a lot. The crazy looks. The “don’t you know what is causing that?” question. The “Are you done after this one?” The “Are they all yours?”

Some women are made to have one and some are made to have none. And then there the rest. The ones that want a big family. That love being pregnant. That don’t mind not sleeping for a few years. Yep-I’m in the last group. And to be honest…if Paul said he wanted to have more, I would be okay with that. I am also (mostly) okay with being done after this little man. The “mostly” is because I don’t think I will ever not miss being pregnant. It’s just how I am.

Curious about how I am looking these days?

I thought so…

019 022 024 bw

Yeah…I don’t always have make-up on. And I almost never wear earrings. BUT I do almost always have my hair pulled up.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! The pictures are great...who took them?

    ReplyDelete