1.20.2010

Q & A session

1. Do I edit all of the pictures I post on my blog?

Nope. I don’t. Some I do. But mostly…not. SOOC (Straight out of camera).

For example…This picture…

IMG_5337was straight out of the camera.

This picture was edited…

IMG_8876What did I edit exactly?

I adjusted the saturation…that’s it. Some pictures only need a little color boost. But this jacket in real life, is really red just like the picture makes it look. And Stormy really is stormy in real life too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next question:

What do I use to edit my pictures?

A few different types of software. It depends on my mood. I have PSE and CS4 and Corel Paint Shop Pro. I have also used Picassa (although I haven’t installed it on the new computer) but not much. My friend Molly swears by it though. I haven’t tried Lightroom yet. I don’t have that program actually. I may try the trial version someday soon. I know a few photogs that swear by it though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next question:

What kind of camera do I use?

I have 3 cameras that I use.

The one that everyone has heard me refer to as the crappy camera is really a Canon Powershot. It is not a crappy camera. It just isn’t a SLR (single lens reflex).This is the one that is out constantly though because the kids love to take pictures with it. And because it is always out…it seems to be the first one my hands find.

One of my other cameras is my Canon Rebel xS. It was my first DSLR camera and does a fantastic job. I still use it but not as often as I should.

The last camera is my Canon 50D. This is the one I use for most of my “shoots.”   I LOVE THIS CAMERA.

I have a few different lenses. I didn’t like my 50mm for a long time but…am learning new tricks with it thus…am starting to like it! It’s weird not having a zoom lens though when you are so used to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next question:

Who is the best photog I know?

Well she doesn’t do photography as a business anymore but her name is Alisa. Seriously, she answered so many of my questions. One of the nicest women I know. Her photos are amazing. If she felt so inclined I would drive the 3 hours to have her take some pics of my peeps (hint hint Alisa). I wish I had that much skill. Give me time though! I am working on it!

2 comments:

  1. i don't care if you edit your pics or not...i just love looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet of you...and your pretty great yourself! Seriously, if you are ever in the area...give me a call, bring your camera and we can spend an afternoon doing some shooting!

    ReplyDelete