11.21.2009

Making time....PERIOD.

Every time I think I am going to stay caught up...I don't. And that's okay because well...you know...I have crazy things that keep me busy all.the.time!

The other day someone made a comment about my blog to me. Something to the effect "I just don't have time for that and you do."

The more I think about it the more...irritated I get about that little comment. JUST because I stay at home with my kids doesn't mean I have any more time than anyone else that works outside the home. I have the same amount of hours in a day as every other person on this planet. You make time to do the things you enjoy. Simple as that. I enjoy blogging. And so...when I can, I make time for it. In between loads of laundry...when I get the kids down for the night. I am not a huge TV watcher except when I am in bed and should be sleeping. So while others that don't have time for a blog are sitting and watching TV...I am blogging. BECAUSE I MADE TIME FOR IT.
Staying at home is a really hard job (I also do day-care and am trying to get my small photography business off the ground). It is a full time job and then some. And when you have a husband (like mine) that is out of town sometimes 4 days out of the week, it's even harder. I do everything. and then some. And then I blog. So....

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel better. But let's not say that I have an easy job again okay? or imply that I have time for things that you don't because you work outside the home. You make time for what you enjoy. Period.

2 comments:

  1. Well put! I'm a full-time engineer, mom, and social bee...but I, too, MAKE time to do the things I love. And blogging is definitely one of those things I love! Now if there were just 2 more hours in the day, I'd have more time to...well, sleep probably :)

    ReplyDelete