5.18.2009

Note to self...read newsletters more carefully...

So Friday (the 15th) was field day at the kids' school. It is a day full of fun activities for the kids. I knew I wasn't going to be able to head up to the school so I sent Shayne off with a hug and kiss and a "Have fun today!!" While I was reading the newsletter I came across this little blurb:
"If you haven't pre-ordered for the 15th make sure you pack a sack lunch!"

Ummm--seriously. They aren't serving lunch if you didn't pre-order it? Which I hadn't because apparently I missed that blurb in the newsletters. Well okay. I call the school. It is only 10:45AM.
"Hi there this is Debbie. Shayne's mom. I forgot that she needed to take a lunch today. I can bring it up to her. They are still eating at noon right?"
"Well-actually they are blocked for lunch at 11AM."
"Okay--thanks. I will bring it up right now."
Did I mention it is 10:45AM when I called? Did I mention I am still in baggy shorts, a T-shirt, haven't brushed my teeth or showered and I have 5 kids to round up to get there in 15 minutes. Oh-and I haven't been to the store in forever and the cupboards are lacking the necessities for a sack lunch? So what did I do? I threw together a peanut butter sandwich (Shayne prefers just pb), a baggie of stale chips (sour cream and onion), a couple of packages of fruit chews, a couple of small Slim Jims (Shayne loves these) and a Capri Sun.
When I picked her up from school she told me she was so happy about the lunch. It was the best lunch ever.
Have I mentioned she's my favorite? You know, my favorite Shayne EVER!!!

5.15.2009

2 comments: