4.10.2009

Still not rested but life goes on...

I am still tired. You see, even though I thought my kids would sleep well last night and would in turn let me sleep well, I thought wrong. There was a thunderstorm. I had 4 kids in my room. 3 in my bed and one on a small cot. So now, even though it shouldn't be possible I am more tired. The so tired that you can't sleep. Even though you want to.

Anyways--let's discuss yesterday shall we? So I decided that I wanted to go to the mall to have the kids' picture done with the Easter Bunny. I have not missed this photo opp since having children. Having to take all 4 kids by myself wasn't going to stop me either. Paul needed some sleep so I oh-so graciously said fine. And off I went. When walking into the mall someone honked at me...I did look good after all. I mean, I was pushing a double stroller with 2 kids in it and had 2 kids walking and I was wearing a baggy sweatshirt and jeans that were too tight. I looked good man. Just kidding. I typed that for my friend Molly. She was the one that was honking at me. Hi Molly! So when we walk into the mall we find that the Easter bunny is on break. Okay-perfect because I wanted to run down to Carters to find a dress for Stormy. And let's be honest. Sage cannot have enough cute clothes at this point. So while I am looking around the store Connor yells that he has to pee and he takes off to the back of the store (after climbing out of the stroller--yes, he had been strapped in---tightly). He thinks the fitting room is a bathroom. I manage to haul him out of there (after asking the sales people to hold the clothing I wanted to purchase) and making a RUN to the restroom. We make it to the bathroom...thank God! So now I decided that I want to look at Children's Place to see if they have a cheaper dress for Stormy. They don't. What they did have was umbrellas. Umbrellas=weapons. After ripping it out of Connor's hand and telling the big girls NO we head back to Carters. I pay for the clothes I wanted and tried to leave. I had to put back some sunglasses that Connor wanted and was sitting on so I wouldn't put them back. NOW it's time for the Easter Bunny. The kids did great for that. I mean really. Anyone else notice that the EB kind of...stinks? Maybe it was me. So...we get our picture and while I am trying to get Sage back into her car-seat, Connor runs into this wireless accessory store. He then carries out a bunch of faceplates. I tell him that is stealing and we go put them all back. He starts throwing a fit. So I walked out of the mall with my head held high, pushing a double stroller with a 7-month-old smiling baby girl, a 3-year-old slung over a shoulder screaming, and me yelling at two big girls to keep up or get left behind.


Now even I need to smile at this:

Until next year stinky bunny...

2 comments:

  1. My beautiful baby nieces and bubba nephew. Good thing God saw fit to make them cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great pic....and yes- you are a hot mom :)

    ReplyDelete