1.11.2009

exactly 7 years ago...The story of SE

The story of SE...
On January 10th we went to the hospital because I was sure I was in labor. This was around 4:30PM. We got sent home around 6:30PM. So we decided to run to Burger King. As soon as we got home and got out of my SUV, I was sure I heard something pop. And I was leaking...But I dismissed this as nothing big because I had just been "checked" 4 times in the past 2 hours. As I am yelling at PD to get the door open because I have stuff leaking out of me and he is trying as fast as he can...people out walking started chuckling at our distress more and more leakage. So we get inside. I still don't think too much of the leakage because seriously at 9 months pregnancy stuff is bound to leak out of everywhere right? So around 10PM I am really starting to think that maybe...maybe...I am really leaking amniotic fluid (much to my relief). I call the hospital. They tell me I do need to come in to be sure. I ask if it's okay if I take a shower. Sure sure. So around midnight we get to the hospital...definitely water breakage. Let's get the party started right? Ummm-if that's what you wanna call it.

So finally around 7AM they get Pitocin started because I had been walking all night long and no consistent contractions. At 9AM--holy mother of pearl did I ever know pain before? Not like this. So almost all my family is there (my mom, couple of sisters, mother in law, etc) and the nurse kicks everyone out at NOON because I am in so much pain and no one needs to see that right? At 2pm we started pushing (like we did all the freakin' work) and at exactly 2:36PM with a blood curdling scream from crowning, my oldest daughter was born. Now for the first time her real name for all to hear...Shayne Emily. She was beautiful and weighed in at 6 pounds 9 1/2 ounces and 19 inches long. So round and pretty. Now 7 years later...she is still just as pretty. Very worth the 19 hours of labor (and 5 of those very hard labor). I love you SE~big as the moon far as the stars~ Here she is at 7!!!

1 comment:

  1. HaPpY BirThdAy, Shayne!!!! It is a great time of the year to celebrate... my b-day is on the 12th....January girls Rock!!! Of course, I'm not near as young... or near as cute as you!
    Enjoy being 7!!!!

    ReplyDelete