1.13.2009

dinner, fun, friends and HUGE MESSES!!

So--I wasn't going to post anymore today but since I am in desperate need of a little therapy...here it is...hold on tight!
So for SE's birthday dinner (on Sunday) she picked her favorite restaurant...Texas Roadhouse...yep-my kid is a huge carnivore! So--all of PD's family came along with my twin and her boyfriend. It was wonderful! Except well for this one thing that happened. My twin wanted to hold Miss SR. And of course being the little lady she is not...she is...well...farting like crazy. It is shortly after this that my sister noticed something horribly gross. I bet you guessed by now what it was. Ah yes--SR had pooped. Now keep in mind she is a breastfed baby and only poops every few days. Getting a mental image? Yep-SR had pooped...EVERYWHERE! Out of her diaper onto her clothes and yes...onto her loving Auntie. Auntie's boyfriend has a sensitive gag reflex when it comes to baby poop so he was quickly trying to dodge the poop! It is at this time that SE's cake was getting ready to come out. So I am torn. Do I deal with the poop and miss the cake my 7 year-old is about to get or deal with the cake and then the poop? Oh- did I mention that I had left the diaper bag in the truck...and that SM had ransacked it looking for stuff for her babies and that I had not restocked it with another outfit? My twin is in the restroom--rinsing SR's booty underneath the faucet and my sister-in-law (whom I will owe big for) volunteered to run out to the truck for the bag. My other sister-in-law went into the restroom to help my twin. She also has a little baby--6 weeks younger than SR. Thankfully she had an extra sleeper and diaper and wipes. The only thing with that is her little baby is not a she. So all 3 of them had to miss SE getting her cake to help with my super pooper child. And we left the restaurant with all of the wonderful gifts, a few good memories and a baby girl in a baby boy's sleeper...

Me and my birthday girl

My twin and SR...before the EXPLOSION!!!

The special cake that I didn't have to miss because of some awesome sister-in-laws and my twin!

Ah--yes--the little boy sleeper my little girl had to borrow from a cute little boy cousin!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! These beautifully perfect naughty babies are going to keep everyone on their toes for a long time! Funny that I picked the cake and the candles out and had to miss it all...hope SE knows that I love her and was singing Happy Birthday from the bathroom to her!

    ReplyDelete