1.15.2009

Day 15...in sickness and in health

Nine years ago...I was sick as a dog...running around like crazy...
Because it was my wedding day! I had a slight fever the night before at our rehearsal dinner. I told PD I was sick. He assumed it was nerves. Nope. All the next morning I had to keep running to the restroom while my hairdresser was trying to do my hair. I hadn't eaten anything. So I tried some crackers...that had my friend stopping on the side of the road (in front of a police department no less). We get to the church and I get my dress on and my make-up. I was just hoping it was done. Not a chance. While doing pictures...I had to stop everything. I had to RUN to the restroom. The pastor very kindly told me he would place a trash container behind the altar "just in case." Thank the Lord I didn't need it. The ceremony went fine (except PD cried like crazy) and then it was time for the reception. I had a few people come up and ask me if I had a 9 month flu. I very happily told them NO (ha--we didn't have SE until 2 years later). I managed to gag down a couple bites of food and a bite of cake. I danced my butt off and had a blast despite being sick. Through sickness and in health...started early for us! I love you PD. Thanks for a great 9 years and 4 kids later. Can't wait to see what is in store for us now!

No comments:

Post a Comment